In addition to the Meals on Wheels meals delivered each weekday, we also provide seniors with another important meal – Breakfast.
Delivered on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month, Breakfast Bags provide a nonperishable meal to nourish local seniors through the weekend. The Saturday delivery also serves as an extra social visit and safety check for the homebound seniors.
Assemble Breakfast Bags
Volunteers host a food drive or purchase predetermined food items, decorate brown lunch bags, then assemble the food items into those bags at a time and location of their choosing (such as your home or office). Volunteers then drop the bags off to our office in Conroe or The Woodlands. Some volunteers do this one time, others on a monthly or quarterly basis – it’s totally up to you!
Alternatively, for each $300 donation, Meals on Wheels will provide bags and contents for your group to decorate and assemble 200 Breakfast Bags which can be assembled at our facilities.
For details and to get your group started, complete the form below, or contact Maggie Adams – email@example.com or 936.756.5849.
Deliver Breakfast Bags on Saturdays
Breakfast Bags are now delivered to seniors on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month. Registration to deliver the bags is on a first come first serve basis, you are not committed to volunteering on a weekly basis as you are with regular meal delivery. For a list of upcoming delivery dates, and to register online, visit our Volunteer Events page.
Form to Assemble Breakfast Bags
Upcon completeing the form below, we’ll send you a list of specified food items and specific instructions for Breakfast Bag assembly.
Meals on Wheels Montgomery County respects each volunteer’s right for privacy and does not make personal information available, written or otherwise, without the volunteer’s signed express written consent.
Waiver of Liability
By checking the form above and submitting the form, I agree to these terms:
This Waiver of Liability (the “Waiver”) executed on the day I submitted the on-line Volunteer Application in favor of Montgomery County Committee on Aging d/b/a Meals on Wheels Montgomery County, a nonprofit organization existing under the laws of the State of Texas, USA, and of its directors, officers, employees, and agents (collectively, “Meals on Wheels Montgomery County”). I understand that the information that I have provided may be verified by Meals on Wheels Montgomery County by various means, including a background check for criminal convictions. My signature below authorizes Meals on Wheels Montgomery County to conduct such a check and acknowledges I have read, understand, and accept the terms of this agreement.
I, the Volunteer or Volunteer’s Representative, desire to work as a volunteer for Meals on Wheels Montgomery County and engage in activities related to serving in a volunteer capacity. I hereby freely and voluntarily, without duress, execute this Waiver under the following terms:
1. Waiver and Release. I, the Volunteer or Volunteer’s Representative, release, forever discharge and hold harmless Meals on Wheels Montgomery County and its successors from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from my volunteer work with Meals on Wheels Montgomery County. I understand and acknowledge that this Waiver discharges Meals on Wheels Montgomery County from any liability or claim that I, the Volunteer or Volunteer’s Representative, may have against Meals on Wheels Montgomery County with respect to bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from my participation in the volunteer activity. I also understand that Meals on Wheels Montgomery County does not assume any responsibility for, or obligation, to provide financial assistance or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health or disability insurance, in the event of injury, illness, death or property damage.
2. Insurance. I, the Volunteer or Volunteer’s Representative, understand that I expressly waive any such claim for compensation or liability on the part of Meals on Wheels Montgomery County beyond what may be offered freely by a representative of Meals on Wheels Montgomery County in the event of such injury or medical expense.
3. Medical Treatment. I hereby release and forever discharge Meals on Wheels Montgomery County from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first-aid treatment or other medical services rendered in connection with an emergency during my time with Meals on Wheels Montgomery County.
4. Assumption of the Risk. I understand that my time with Meals on Wheels Montgomery County may include activities that might be hazardous to me, including, but not limited to, decorating activities, loading and unloading of heavy equipment and/or materials, and driving my own vehicle. I hereby expressly and specifically assume the risk of injury or harm in these activities and release Meals on Wheels Montgomery County from all liability for injury, illness, death, or property damage resulting from the activities of my time with Meals on Wheels Montgomery County.
5. Photographic Release. I grant and convey unto Meals on Wheels Montgomery County all right, title, and interest in any and all photographic images and video or audio recordings made by Meals on Wheels Montgomery County during my work for Meals on Wheels Montgomery County, including, but not limited to, any royalties, proceeds, or other benefits derived from such photographs or recordings.
6. Other. I expressly agree that this Waiver is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Texas in the United States of America, and that this Waiver shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas. I agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this Waiver shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this release which shall continue to be enforceable.
Volunteer Screening Policy
In order to protect our volunteers and participants, volunteers are required to sign a release so Meals on Wheels Montgomery County may conduct a criminal background check. Volunteers who do not agree will be refused assignment.
The following items will lead to instant rejection of a volunteer if they appear on a background check:
assault conviction (sexual or physical)
DWI arrest or conviction within the last ten years
warrant for arrest
A misdemeanor offense will be closely examined by the Volunteer Coordinator. Generally, if the offense occurred within the last 5 years, the projects which the volunteer can participate in will be limited and may lead to rejection.