Reasons to Celebrate
Everyone deserves a reason to celebrate on their birthday. With help from the community, we delivery Birthday Bags to each senior on their birthday. Knowing people like you care makes a world of difference to homebound seniors.
To create these Bags, groups and individuals collect and assemble items into bags at a location of their choosing (such as a home or office), or space can be arranged in our offices. Items can be assembled into any paper-style lunch bag or gift bag. We encourage volunteers to insert a note or decorate the bags.
Below is a list of suggested items. We welcome your creativity in compiling the bags, adding items as you see fit.
- Can of soup and crackers
- Hot cocoa with peppermint sticks
- Instant coffee or tea
- Hard candies and snacks (crackers, chips, cookies, etc.)
- Fresh fruit (softer fruits, such as clementines, are best)
- Toiletries (hand or body lotion, lip balm, soap, etc.)
- Fuzzy socks
- Small magnifying glass
- Puzzle books and pencils
- Coloring books and crayons
Holiday Treats are a simple yet impactful way to let homebound seniors know the community cares. Receiving a holiday treat and/or card along with the hot meal gives our seniors an extra reason to celebrate special days.
Some of the favorite Holiday Treats include:
- Valentine’s Day love notes
- Mardi Gras party bag
- St. Patrick’s Day pots of gold
- Senior Citizen Day puzzle books and pencils
- Halloween painted pumpkins
To become a Birthday Bags or Holiday Treats partner, or to learn more about these fun programs, contact Maggie – firstname.lastname@example.org or 936.756.5849