Meals on Wheels Montgomery County is now hiring for the following positions
DEPARTMENT: FOOD SERVICES
POSITION TYPE: Full time, Hourly
WORK DAYS/HOURS: Monday through Friday, 7:00 am– 3:00 pm
LOCATION: 111 S. 2ND ST CONROE, TX 77301
PAY RATE: $10/hr.
REPORTS TO: Chef
Responsible for washing dishes in the Meals on Wheels kitchen.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain dishes, pots, pans, and kitchen utensils using dishwashing machine station
- Maintaining cleanliness and sanitation in the kitchen (includes sweeping, mopping, disinfecting surfaces, etc.)
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Available to assist in the kitchen beyond dishwashing.
- Prefer high school graduation or the completion of the G.E.D.
- Requires good communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with other staff members, program participants, and visitors.
- Typically requires continuous standing, moving about, reaching, bending, or crouching to perform physical work. There may be frequent interruptions.
- Possible lifting positions with objects weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Is willing and able to follow instructions.
- Requires a valid Texas driver’s license, pass drug testing, pass a background check
- Requires: A Food Handler Certification, class provided by MOWMC
To apply, email your resume to Wendy at email@example.com
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. All jobs are subject to change.
Meals on Wheels Driver
The Meals on Wheels Driver loads and delivers prepared meals/drinks and inter-office mail between several locations throughout the county. And as needed to individual clients. It is very rewarding work and we are looking for a positive and organized person to add to our great team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Packs into coolers meals and drinks for delivery to clients;
- Transports MOW coolers and congregate containers to various activity centers in the county;
- Delivers MOW meals to the clients when necessary;
- Interacts with MOW volunteers;
- Distributes inter-office mail between several locations;
- Completes necessary forms and reports, such as Vehicle Inspection Report, etc.;
- Completes daily inspection of the MOW vehicle;
- Washes, sweeps and otherwise cleans van regularly in order to assure cleanliness, sanitation and proper appearance;
- Attends training and staff development meetings in order to comply with state and federal regulations; such as the Health Department and HGAC standards
- High school graduation or G.E.D.and at least two years of driving experience.
- Requires good communication skills and the ability to use the telephone, cellular phones and two-way radio.
- Typically requires up to eight hours per day of combination driving, sitting, standing, bending or moving about, with frequent interruptions.
- Lifts, carries, moves and positions objects weighing up to 50 pounds repeatedly.
- Requires: Valid Texas Driver License, clean MVR, Pass Drug testing and Background check.
- Requires: The ability to pass an on-line defensive driving course annually.
- Part Time, Hourly
- Monday – Friday / 9:00am – 2:30pm
To apply, email your resume to Wendy, firstname.lastname@example.org