Meals on Wheels Montgomery County is now hiring for the following positions
Meals on Wheels Driver
The Meals on Wheels Driver loads and delivers prepared meals/drinks and inter-office mail between several locations throughout the county. And as needed to individual clients. It is very rewarding work and we are looking for a positive and organized person to add to our great team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Packs into coolers meals and drinks for delivery to clients;
- Transports MOW coolers and congregate containers to various activity centers in the county;
- Delivers MOW meals to the clients when necessary;
- Interacts with MOW volunteers;
- Distributes inter-office mail between several locations;
- Completes necessary forms and reports, such as Vehicle Inspection Report, etc.;
- Completes daily inspection of the MOW vehicle;
- Washes, sweeps and otherwise cleans van regularly in order to assure cleanliness, sanitation and proper appearance;
- Attends training and staff development meetings in order to comply with state and federal regulations; such as the Health
- High school graduation or G.E.D.and at least two years of driving experience.
- Requires good communication skills and the ability to use the telephone, cellular phones and two-way radio.
- Typically requires up to eight hours per day of combination driving, sitting, standing, bending or moving about, with frequent interruptions.
- Lifts, carries, moves and positions objects weighing up to 50 pounds repeatedly.
- Requires: Valid Texas Driver License, clean MVR, Pass Drug testing and Background check.
- Requires: The ability to pass an on-line defensive driving course annually.
- Part Time, Hourly 20 hours
- Monday – Friday / Days Vary, Hours Vary
To apply, email your resume to Wendy, email@example.com